What a wonderful day! It all started with Addie & I being snuggle bunnies this morning. She gave me lots of cheek kisses (my favorite)! Then, Addie & I listened to K-Love as I did laundry and got ready for the going-away party my thoughtful co-workers had planned. This afternoon I walked into the school for the last time with a mixture of emotions...so thankful to have been part of the CDC, so excited to be starting a new adventure with Kenny, so sad to be saying good-bye. The festivities included strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate ice-cream with a fabulous selection of yummy toppings. Not only that, but my co-workers gave me flowers, two very sweet cards, and an extremely generous gift to Addie's new big sister or brother. I had such great conversation with these women and am going to miss them tremendously. God has truly blessed me with the opportunity to work at the CDC.
After the fun-filled ice-cream party, Addie and I went over to Panera to have my last coffee trip with "the girls." It was such a good time! I will miss meeting these precious ladies every Thursday to discuss anything & everything on our minds. Addison also enjoyed being around her little friends (the same age as her) Lyla & Alex.
Finally, Kenny met me at Panera & we gallavanted for a little over an hour...just spending time together and soaking in the last few moments we have here in the DC area.
God has truly blessed us with AMAZING friends here in Virginia. They have all impacted our lives in some way or another, & I am very grateful for each experience I have had with them. It will always be treasured.



No comments:
Post a Comment